A Quest (also known as a Mission) is a type of system used in Dawn of the New Hour. For the player, a Quest is the current goal in the game. A player can have multiple quests open at a time. Each quest, upon completion, has some form of reward.
Types of Quests
Main Quests are usually story-related. These quests are known to progress the player in either the timeline of the game or give the player valuable information.
Main Quests are STORY-BASED.
Side-Quests are mini-quests the player can go on to gain extra experience, gold, or items. This is usually done by giving an NCP a specific item or number of items, or returning to them with information.
Side-Quests are CHARACTER-BASED.
The Quest Menu can be located in the Pause Menu of the game. It allows the player to see current and past quests. It also allows the player to see both completed and failed quests.
- Quest List: A list of all quests.
- Client: The person who gave the player the selected Quest.
- Location: Where the person who gave the selected Quest is.
- Description: what the quest is about at a glance.
- Objectives: Step-by-step tiers of what to do in the quest and how to properly complete each one.
- Rewards: What the player is given when the Quest is turned in or when the player has completed all objectives listed.
Not all objectives can be seen at the same time, however. Some objectives can only be seen when the current objectives have been met. Only then can the next objectives be "unlocked".
Upon completing a Quest, the name of the Quest will change color.
Here are a list of rewards for completing a Quest:
- Healing Items
- Enemy Drops
- More Quests
- A quest menu was never planned originally during the first stages of Dawn of the New Hour. It was added in a demo update when testers started getting confused as to what needed to be done after long periods of not playing the game.
|Lord Sain - Blaize - Hooded Man - Regalo - Hayden|
|Lem - Mr. Tot|
Efrem - Efrem - Sanctius - Isaac - Aldus
Raiko - The Doctor - Vincent - ? ? ?
|Mayfield - Shopkeepers - Mage Shopkeepers - Innkeepers - Mage Man - Mage Man's Son - "Thomas" - Warren - "F" and "G" - Unnamed Scientist - Unnamed Doctor - Valdar|
|Demiresis Institute - Ruined City - Otnemarcas - New Woodbury - Land of Cuto - Unnamed World|
|Shops - Inns - Pubs|
|Nightmares - Order of Mages - The Opening|
|Main Menu - Save - Level - Hit Points - Battle System - Cooking - Field Skills|
|Artwork - Bosses - Enemies|